Ocean State Curling Club is a non-profit, fully 501(c)(3) recognized organization dedicated to the promotion and expansion of awareness of the Olympic sport of curling in Rhode Island. We are a volunteer-run organization funded primarily by membership dues. All members, whether new to the club or long-time club members, are encouraged to volunteer in any area that they take an interest. We are a social club for anyone interested in recreational curling in Rhode Island. Our club curls at Smithfield Municipal Ice Rink (101 Pleasant View Avenue in Smithfield, Rhode Island). For more information on our club or to inquire about how to curl with us, email us at the address at the bottom of the page or click the Membership tab at the top of the page.
Ocean State Curling Club is dedicated to the enjoyment, fellowship, and promotion of curling in Rhode Island. We believe in building a strong community through the sport of curling by providing a welcoming environment for athletes of all ages and skill levels, creating the opportunity to improve skills while having fun.
Ocean State Curling Club holds the following values as being important:
- Creating a positive atmosphere
- Providing an environment that is fun, friendly and welcoming towards others
- Achieving the highest level of sportsmanship
- Providing an affordable curling experience for the entire community
- Maintaining honesty and integrity in all aspects of the curling club
Ocean State Curling Club is focused on achieving the following objectives:
- Increasing public awareness of the sport of curling
- Growing club membership
- Increasing active member participation in the operation and activities of the club (volunteerism)
- Establishing long-term financial sustainability
- Giving back to the community through service and youth opportunities
- Plan for and fundraise toward a dedicated curling facility